Identity Capture Solution – Successful Applications
Identity capturing can be 10 times faster than manual data entry. You can repeat the success of many other companies that are deploying ABBYY FlexiCapture, with value-added implementation by WCL Solution having extensive experience of vertical industry applications.
Our Current Customers Deploying Identity Capture:
Leading top 5 international life insurance companies in Hong Kong and China.
Problems In The Past
In the past, capturing identity information required manual input in front of a computer. Typically, a customer needed to submit his personal details on his identity card when filling in an application. He might need to present his identity card for the staff to input the data or provide a photocopy of the identity card. Data entry was a tedious and repetitive task and entry errors were common. At least a minute time is spent on data entry per identity card. This equaled to vast amount of time spent and manpower needed.
Time & Manpower Saving Solution – FlexiCapture
ABBYY FlexiCapture is a time and manpower saving solution that transforms identity capturing. Data on identity cards can now be accurately and speedily captured in various ways:
Self-service on mobile device: the end user can make a photo of his identity card from their own mobile device and upload the photo to an e-form on website or mobile apps.
Scanner connection: The staff can use the scanner to capture the data on an identity card or a photocopy of identity card.
WCL Solutions has successfully developed customized templates to enable FlexiCapture to read data of a wide varieties of identity documents, including but not limited to:
- Hong Kong Identity Card
- Hong Kong Entry Slip
- Hong Kong Birth Certificate
- Hong Kong Driving License
- China Identity Card
- Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents
- Macau Identity Card
- Hong Kong Macau Entry Card
- Hong Kong Macau Entry Book
- HKSAR Passport
- Passports issued by any countries with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ)
An insurance company needs to collect the personal information of its customer to complete the insurance policy application. The customer in filling out the online application form can conveniently make a photo of his identity card or passport and upload the photo to the e-form. The e-form will intelligently capture the personal data on the identity card or passport and automatically fill in the personal data on the application form for the customer to cross check and confirm the submission.
If the customer is not using online application but submits hard copy application, the staff can skip the task of data entry of personal data by scanning the true copy or photocopy of identity card. In both cases, data is sent to the central server directly for storage and easy retrieval. Keyword search to access the data is also possible.
Depending on the type of insurance policies, different types of identity documents are required. For example, identity card is needed for applying life insurance, while passport and driving license is needed for travel insurance and car insurance respectively. ABBYY FlexiCapture can recognize different types of identity documents, classify them and store the data in the correct folder.
A retail bank needs to keep record of the personal data of its customer who opens a new bank account. The customer can present his identity card to the counter staff who uses a scanner to read the data. The information is stored in the database of the bank. Any customer can easily complete online loan application by uploading his identity card photo taken by mobile phone.
A property developer selling apartments to its customers on the site can register the personal data of buyers by making photos of the customers’ identity cards on its company’s mobile apps. The data is directly captured by the mobile apps and saved on the central server. There is no need to have access to computer in outdoor environment. Customer name as written on sales contract can be verified to be same as on identity card.
- Precious time and manpower is saved as there is no longer need for data manual entry.
- Human errors are avoided and there is no mixing up of documents.
- The system will automatically check if all required documents are present (completeness check) and that all of them belong to the same client (continuity check), e.g. verify that the person name is the same in all submitted documents. A list of pending application due to missing documents can be generated by the system, making it easy to send reminders to clients.
- ABBYY FlexiCapture is 10 times faster than manual data entry. Your staff can allocate their time on improving customer service instead of data entry.
- Deployment of ABBYY FlexiCapture is fast and seamless. Within one month, the whole system can be implemented with integration to your online e-form, Android and IOS mobile apps, ERP, SAP and database.
Talk to us today to share with us your business needs.