Workflow management is an automation engine and electronic routing system that enables organizations to process work faster and more efficiently. A rich set of configurable rules and actions allows business processes to be quickly automated with no need for custom programming.
Workflow enables organizations to significantly decrease document processing time, increase staff productivity and improve input, storage, and retrieval accuracy through a simple and flexible user interface.
- Facilitates business transaction processing by presenting all related documents and data to the user
- Optimizes business processes by providing a framework of rules to efficiently route electronic documents and data
- Promotes accountability by providing detailed auditable history to monitor security and employee performance
- Offers flexible deployment and access across multiple interfaces and line of business integrations
- Enforces consistent business practices, reducing process variance and associated risk
A Workflow solution is made up of one or more configurable Life Cycles, consisting of Queues that contain Rules and Actions executed through user interaction or performed automatically as System Work.
All Document Types regardless of file format, WorkView data objects, and Records Management folders are eligible. Pre-defined routing, along with related documents and data, ensures processes are consistently followed.
Workflow Life Cycles show real time document and process status, while historical data is also available for reporting and display.
Reduces Operation Costs
Workflow automation frees labor from low value tasks, such as manually verifying the existence of all necessary and required related documents and data.
Supports Compliance Initiatives
Tightly define processes can manage security and create detailed audit trails. For example, the approval process for purchasing can adhere to a strict rule-set and precisely log actions and events.
Increases Revenue and Improves Customer Service
OnBase Workflow solutions increase work output over manual processes, increasing efficiency. Faster turnaround and higher quality processes lead to improved interaction with customers.
- Over 185 pre‐defined Rules and Actions make it easy to configure Work low Life Cycles to automate business processes
- Flexible and user‐configurable interfaces that can be customized and filtered by role
- Automatic e‐mail notifications engage users to participate in Work low when needed
- Configurable Timers provide automation and unattended document processing
- Role‐based Calendars and Load Balancing ensure documents are processed most ef iciently by available users